Sunday, July 1, 2007

Update on Me by Tony Sagraves ;P

Some of you know I have been in the hospital- in ICU of the Myelosuppresion unit of Baptist East. I was admitted through the ER on Sunday (6/17 Father's Day). I woke unable to go to the bathroom that morning. Anyway after about 13 hours of severe pain and multiple catheters they finally got me a room. Once my doctor got a look at me he called surgery RIGHT THEN. They went in my bladder and removed 1 liter of clots. After that surgery I felt like a million bucks, but by Wednesday I began to hurt again and yep it was the clots. By Friday the pain was so bad that I was ready to just roll over and give up. Well i refuse to do that - so the doctor came in, took one look at me, and 2 hours later I was in surgery AGAIN. So how long will I be in the hospital? I have no idea. I will try to keep you guys informed. Both my doctors told my mother that I had till around Christmas to live. I personally think they can stuff it I ain't going no where.

Tony

3 comments:

Jake said...

Hang in there, Tony...keep fighting! I will more than likely be heading your way around the third week of July...

Ashley Atkins Pirkle said...

Kepp up the good fight, Tony! We'll all be praying for you!

Katie Strickland Draper said...

I am thinking of you every day man! Keep on kicking cancer's tail! Other than prayers and good thoughts, is there anything you need?