Sunday, January 28, 2007

Bruce Dodson

Hey Everyone,
Here's a quick summary for those of you who I have lost touch with. After graduation , I went to Auburn and graduated with a BS in Criminal Justice. Dad went back up north with Caterpillar again, so I went back up north for a year. I had lost touch with all my friends up there, but still had lots of friends in C-Town, so when dad transferred back with Cat to Corinth again, I came too. I started working at the Booneville Police Department as a patrolman and met my future wife, Melissa Edwards, who was from Iuka, and a student at Northeast then. After two years at Booneville PD, I got on at Tupelo Police Department, which paid better and had better opportunities. I have been with Tupelo PD for ten years now. I am currently assigned to narcotics as a Narcotics Investigator with the North MS Narcotics Unit. I am also a Task Force Officer and sworn in with DEA in Oxford. I cant complain, I have a pretty cool job thats exciting. Melissa and I have been married for 7 years, and our son Chan was born in March. After fighting the parent urges for several years, its awesome. Very hard but very cool, makes you want to hurry home from work at the end of the day. We have a website for our family and friends that live out of town (so I have to be a bragging parent) it's www.chansfans.blogspot.com . My wife Melissa is a speech therapist at the North MS Medical Center. In my spare time, which is very infrequent now that someone is crawling, I like to play computer games and ride motorcycles. Mom and I have been fighting about when Chan is allowed to start taking motorcycle rides with Dad :). I have really enjoying reading everyone's updates, is it just me, or was our ten year reunion like two years ago? :P
PS: Everyone please keep posting pictures of yourself and kids. I know everyone else is enjoying seeing them as much as I am. Oh and Todd Dawson would like to specifically request nude photos of all of our male classmates!


| View Show | Create Your Own

2 comments:

Jake said...

Bruce...great update! How did you do that with your pictures??? Similar to embedding a video via YouTube? Awesome!!!

Katie Strickland Draper said...

I had no idea we were so near each other! Thanks for sharing news of your family! I liked your photos!