Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tony Sagraves story...

Jake asked that we repost our updates - so here you go:

Well I have enjoyed reading all the updates. I know most people may not remember me- I didn't graduate from Corinth, but I went until my senior year. I still consider myself from Corinth.
I moved from Corinth my senior year. Graduated from Bolton High School in Arlington TN. After HS I went to Northeast Jr College and then Mississippi State Univ.
I am an Area Supervisor for Papa John's Pizza. I started as a driver when I was in college and just never left - 15 years later and here I am living in Bartlett TN and running a market of 13 stores.
I met my wife while in Starkville. We were married 7 years and have 3 amazing kids - Codi 8, Preston 6, & Abby Claire 5. Codi turned 8 Jan 18th- I still can not believe she is 8. My wife and I have been divorced for 2 years now - one of the hardest things I had ever been through. We still talk almost daily, but it is mostly about the kids- who we both love dearly and would do anything for.
Some of you know last July I found out I had an extremely rare form of bladder cancer. It was a complete surprise and very shocking. I had surgery to remove part of my bladder and went through 12 weeks of chemo. Well about 3 weeks ago at my 1st scan after chemo- I found out the cancer had spread to the lining on the outside of my stomach and to my ribcage. I immediately had my Dr call MD Anderson Cancer center in Houston and see if they would see me. Because the cancer I have is so rare they wanted to see me - I was down there the next day. Well long story short I am on a new chemo treatment - I go 5 days in a row for treatment then 2 weeks off- rinse - repeat. It has been tough- very tough. The main thing that keeps me going are my kids- I can not and will not let them down. For those of you that know me you know how hard headed I can be :) I refuse to loose.
I spend most of my time working or with my kids, BUT if any of you that live in Memphis ever want to catch lunch sometime gimme a call. I can be found in one of the stores almost daily or try 901-292-2234 - that's my cell.

Just remember enjoy everyday - kiss your kids - never ever give up...

Tony Sagraves

2 comments:

Jake said...

Tony! Great to see you up and posting on the new blog! Thanks for your update, and please know we're all pulling for you!

Katie Strickland Draper said...

Hey Tony! State seems so far away now doesn't it? Sorry to hear about your recent illness. Your kids are lucky to have a Dad as strong as you are! I'll keep good thoughts for you!