Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Top 10 Funniest Moments in '89 History

These shouldn't be listed in any particular order, as I'm thinking of them off the top of my head. Regardless, as I sit here and think about it, I think these are some of the funniest episodes in our class history:

10. At East Corinth Mrs. Carruth lecturing our entire class in the auditorium about some issues in the bathrooms. She kept referring to "BM's" and "bowel movements" but none of us really knew what that was. We all sat there and listened but walked out still having no clue as to what she was talking about. Sometimes "poo poo" and "doo doo" make sense.

9. In the 7th grade, a bunch of us had Mrs. Landsdale for homeroom. We're in there for something one day, and Brett decides to show-off and call her by her first name. For whatever reasons, he felt like he could get away with it. When she asked him a question, he said, "Sure, Julian." She just stared at him, no one else in the room made a peep, and then she ordered him out into the hall.

8. In the 7th grade, as well all remember, Mr. Davis loved to walk around during the day, from classroom to classroom, and he'd carry that fiberglass paddle with the silver tape on the handle, around in his back pocket. One day he decides to stick his head in Mrs. Landsdale's room. Renardi Boyd was sitting upright in his chair, but he was sound asleep. Mr. Davis noticed, and came further into the room and stood right by Renardi. Renardi, still sound asleep, started to lean or really "fall" out of this chair. Slowly, he began leaning further and further over (he was almost horizontal at this point), until he fell completely out of his desk and right down on the floor at Mr. Davis' feet. The entire room died in laughter.

7. I don't remember what grade this was or even whose room we were in when it happened, but I'm sure y'all remember the man that would show up every year, maybe once or twice per year, and he'd knock on the classroom door, then stand in the door, and just count people in the room. He was tall, wore glasses from the 50's, and had a crewcut. We were always amazed at how fast he could count us. And the guy NEVER made a sound and kept a straight, serious face. So one day, I guess we had advance warning he was coming, and when he knocked on the door and stepped in the doorway to count, we all jumped from our seats and started running around the room. I thought the guy was going to have a heart attack. He didn't know how to react!!

6. One day in the fourth grade, we were all in Mrs. Vandever's room, trying out for the 4th grade Christmas play. Bobby Burns, Todd Dawson and I were sitting there and Bobby (as usual) was making us laugh. Todd was laughing so hard that he sneezed and a piece of ham came out of his nose. And Glenn Krohn saw it and threw up all over the place.

5. In first grade, at the lunchroom table, I took my straw and folded it so that both ends would go in each nostril. Once I did this, Glenn Krohn saw it and threw up.

4. One morning on the bus ride to school in the 3rd grade, Chad Stanford sneezed on the bus and some snot landed on my leg. Glenn Krohn saw it and threw up.

3. In the 7th grade, we were all at a high school basketball game. Seems like it was on a Saturday evening or early afternoon. A few of us were sitting right behind the girls basketball team. I decide to go to the concession stand, and instead of going around the players chairs and out onto the floor, I decide to be cool and JUMP over one of their empty chairs. As I do this, my foot catches the chair, and I trip and tumble onto the floor. I fell into the basketball rack, which flew onto the court and all the basketballs went everywhere. What's worse, is that I had one of those blue parka jackets that had the flannel inside, and the hood had come up and over my head. So there I am, crawling on the floor trying to get the balls, and I can't see anything because the hood is over my head. The game had to stop, players had to chase all the balls, and the entire crowd is laughing and pointing at me. I finally got up, composed myself, and when all the balls had been collected, walked across the gym to the concession stand. I'm still embarrassed, but the game had started again and no one was laughing. UNTIL...I got almost there, and Weston, who was sitting in the stands with Jenny Johnson, stood up, pointed at me, and got the crowd laughing at me all over again. I think I just crawled up under the gym and spent the next week recovering.

2. While at East Corinth, we usually get pulled into the auditorium to watch those stupid old black and white films. Not sure what grade we were in, but in the middle of one the movies one day, Roger Floyd jumped up, ran to the center isle, and sprinted for the back of the auditorium. It was too late, though. He had his hand over his mouth, but he still started to puke the entire way to the back door of the auditorium. We all cracked up. I don't remember Glenn Krohn throwing-up after witnessing this, but I'm sure he did.

1. Sorry, Glenn, but I gotta mention this. 9th grade. We're in Mrs. Nanny's room for Geometry. Glenn and I are two of the few 9th graders in the room. It's mostly 10th graders, as I recall. Anyway, we were outnumbered for sure. One day, when the room was all quiet while we were taking a test, Glenn sneezes and accidentally farts at the same time. Of course, the entire room dies laughing hysterically. He didn't throw-up at that point, but I'm sure he wanted to.

1 comment:

Angel Wilburn said...

Okay, those were funny, and I think that I was actually at that basketball game and saw that trip up!!! I have one that sticks in my mind for some reason...It was 7th grade, Mr. Calvery's room, and Bobby Burns and someone else(can't remember who)grabbed a female classmates purse(I won't name the name, but, I do remember)and were tossing it back and forth....All of a sudden out popped the personal product and flew across the room....OMG, I was embarrassed for her...But, it was pretty funny when you looked back on it years later!!!!!