Friday, May 25, 2007

Feedback on Bobby's Post

I know I probably should have used the "comment" feature for this, but I thought I'd just go ahead and post it this way...

Bobby, those videos completely take me back in time. Whitesnake totally reminds me of our Junior Year in high school. The summer before our Junior year, I remember Whitesnake became huge! The video you showed below came out (I think) during the school year, and I can remember Tawny Kitaen driving me crazy in that video!! The Don Henley video "Boys of Summer" came out towards the end of our 8th grade year. To this day, that is one of my favorite songs (and videos) of all time. The UTFO video doesn't ring a bell, but I do indeed remember the song. That Cameo video and song is one of the songs that TOTALLY takes me back to 9th grade. "Word Up" came out in mid 1986, and when I hear that song, it takes me back to the days of the high school dances. Man, I can remember dancing to that song at a few of those dances, and also listening to it in Bobby's car. That red jock strap cracks up to this day!! Edie Brickell reminds of our Senior year, but more than anything, it reminds me of Dane Barker. He was obsessed with Edie! I think I remember him showing up later in the week during Spring Break when we were all out at Taylor Archer's cabin at Pickwick. Seems like Dane came late (maybe with Stephen Brooks) because they'd gone to Memphis to see her in concert. Whenever I hear a song off her "Shooting Rubberbands at the Moon" album, it totally reminds me of the latter part of our Senior year. MC Hammer...I remember the song, but it doesn't really trigger any memories of high school. He really reminds me of college, however, because his song "U Can't Touch This" came out when I was at West Point.

I'll post some videos later that really remind me of the good ol' days. Thanks for posting those, Side Burns!!!!

No comments: