Thursday, May 24, 2007

Torey Hammett Update

I live in Kentucky were my wife and I bought her parents Independent Insurance Agency. We have 3 children...all boys. Our first two are 5 year old Twins named Layton and Jordan (not identical) and we also have a 2 year old named Ryan. Most of our time is spent around their life and the rest is spent in my golfing and our church. We get back to Mississippi often to Pickwick (where my folks live) and catch a few 2 or 3 football games each year. I spent 10 years in Nashville prior to moving to Kentucky. I spend my time now: church, golf, occasional tennis, guitar, work! Work last of course. I had a great time reading all the posts and seeing the pictures. I will try to figure this out and get some family photos up ASAP! The pictures bring back many memories that make me realize that I do miss those days and you all. Hard to believe our life away from each other is now as long as we, in some cases, knew each other. Hopefully, this will allow me to stay in touch with you all.

Torey Hammett

2 comments:

Jake said...

Torey, great to have you on the blog! I sent your dad a text message a couple of months ago, after Vandy Saylors gave me his number. I think he tried to text me back, but it didn't work. Anyway, I'm glad we finally tracked you down!

I think the last time I saw you was at Melinda's wedding! I think me and you and Michael Pratt were out at the country club for the reception and hung out by someone's car where all the alcohol was! Geez...when was that...1996?!

Very good point about being away from Corinth longer than we all knew each other growing up! Scary to think I've now been away from Corinth for 18 years, and I left when I was 18!!! WOW!!

I want you to know that I think of you every time I hear a Van Halen tune on the radio. I remember you were the biggest VH fan. I laugh to myself every time!!

I also heard at one time you were a HUGE NASCAR fan. You didn't mention that in your update, so is it safe to assume you've moved on? I think the rumor was that you had a room in your house completely dedicated to Jeff Gordon. Ha!!!

Again, great to finally find you, and I'm glad all is well with you and your family!!

Jake said...

Oh, and I hope you don't mind if I cleaned up your posts...I fixed the pictures and made them fit a little better....