Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Happy Birthday, Brett!

Again, I still need to get home and hop on the scanner and scan in some great pics...and I will do so TONIGHT...I promise. Anyway, I wanted to post this early this time...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRETT! Today is the big day, and I'm sure you'll celebrate in style. 36 years is a long time, my friend.

One memory I'll share with everyone is from back when we were in the 8th grade. Brett and I had Spanish I together, and boy did we have fun. Not only did we have the hots for Mrs. Rushing, but we cut-up in the class more than anyone. One day, we were in the midst of learning the Imperfect Indicative of -ar verbs: a, abas, aba, abamos, abais, aban. Brett and I kept repeating that over and over, and the more we did, the "funnier" we thought we were being, and thus the more we laughed. Next thing you know, both of us are rolling on the floor laughing, and we just couldn't stop. Mrs. Rushing finally had had enough, and she sent us down to Mr. Burress' office. We got down there, and waited in that little room across from the office. Then Mrs. Rushing came down and told him what we had done. He asked us each to come into his office, and Brett went first. Next thing I know, I hear three LOUD whacks, and Brett literally came running out of his office holding his butt. I nearly died. I wanted to laugh, as it was one heck of a funny sight, but the fact that I was next obviously kept me from laughing. I went in, and let me tell you...that man lit my *ss up!!! I must admit, however, that Brett and I continued to torture Mrs. Rushing. We enjoyed it so much, in fact, that we took not only Spanish II the following year, but also Spanich III in the 10th grade!!!

2 comments:

Angel Wilburn said...

Hope you have a great one, Brett :)

Sarah Lyle (Sassy) said...

Happy, happy birthday, Brett! seems like yesterday that we were taking those long walks downtown until the wee hours of the night. our parents really weren't worried about us, funny hu? anyway, i keep up with you through my mother and am glad to hear that you bought that adorable house on Fillmore street. i hope to see you the next time we are back in town.

again, happy 36th!