Wednesday, April 4, 2007

GO BRANDON JACKSON!!!!

Okay kiddos....I wanted to do something different to show those of you who read on here but don't post that you can pretty much post whatever...It doesn't have to be just stuff that happened @ Corinth, but, you can talk about current events in your life right now, too(Jake, if I'm wrong, please correct me)I guess I just want to say, think outside of the box...If you have no pictures or great stories of the past, well then chime in and let everyone know what you are doing right now...Okay for my story: Brandon Jackson played ball @ Horn Lake High School and my brother had the honor of getting to coach him for two years....He's going out for the drafts this month, and we are all just saying a little prayer that he's gonna go all the way...Okay, I know some of you are thinking, "He's just another football player"...He's not, though...He's an amazing, humble, kind-hearted, young man that so deserves good things....He's worked so hard both academically and athletically, and if anyone is deserving, Brandon is...He graduated high school by the skin of his teeth only by the assistance of tutors and some special education classes, and after a couple of semesters @ Nebraska, ended up on the Dean's list....He's overcome so many obstacles; I will not tell all the stories bce it might bore some, but, please just say a little prayer for him that he is going to be playing in the NFL this coming season...He deserves it all!!!!

4 comments:

Jake said...

You can post whatever you want!

kelly glenn said...

What an awesome opportunity for this guy! I taught a guy who had a story like brandon's. he's not getting drafted, but he did go on to a 4yr college, and I was the teacher who basically kept everyone from killing him -- he had a few behavioral challenges to go along w/academic challenges. not to say i got him where he is, today, i just kept him alive! Anyway, I'm so glad you posted what's going on w/you right now. I might just post, soon. I've struggled w/remembering details of ele/sec school. You all have an amazing memory - I'm jealous!

Angel Wilburn said...

Hey Kelly...You know what I'm saying then...There are just some people who you come across in life who you really want to see succeed...

As I said before, I am the sticky note queen...So, my mind is not so great when it comes to thinking back to 25 years ago! Some days I can't remember 25 minutes ago :)

Angel Wilburn said...

UPDATE...Brandon was the 63rd pick in the 2nd round...WE ARE SO EXCITED...GO GREEN BAY :) (never thought I'd be a CHEESE head) he he he....