Friday, April 6, 2007

Update on Jeannie

First, thanks Jake, for including me in the 89 Warrior blog!.....second, it "Jeannie Cafferata"...not Caffereta :-) lol
That's why I picked someone with an easier name to spell...Sauls isn't quite as difficult, although I am amazed at the different pronunciations.

Well, quick update...We have been living in Clinton, MS for several years and I have been a teacher/cheerleader coach for the past 3 (go figure). Last year, Johnny was offered a job in Tupelo, and we have now been in Tupelo for the past year. I was a little conflicted about moving here, but it is such a good feeling to be close to my parents ( and I have run in to several classmates). I am teaching 9th grade Accelerated Biology at Tupelo High School ( 9th graders are truly a breed of their own)

My son, Caleb will be 6 on the 26th of this month! He is the spitting image of his father and the personality of....well....his own.
My step son, Patrick, is 13. He goes to school in Byram (Jackson suburb) so we do a little traveling each month.

I was sitting down, trying to think of some memories to share, and the only thing I could picture was the time it iced over and we were all in a Jimmy (maybe Taylor Archer's) and he was pulling Jake and Brett and I think Trey, by a rope attached to the trailer hitch. They were all on their stomachs sliding down the road on the ice. I just get this image of Jake's face as he was about to go UNDER THE TRUCK. All of us put our feet out in an attempt to stop him, but we really just ended up kicking him in the face....sorry Jake!

4 comments:

Jake said...

1. SORRY! I fixed my mistake! Ha!

2. I totally remember the sledding incident! I think we were near North Hills, right? Seems like we were in that curve between Creekwood and North Hills, but I could be totally wrong. Anyone else remember that?!

3. Thanks for posting your update!!!

Stacey Carson said...

That was such a fun day and night. I really don't remember whose vehicle we were in(seems that several were in use). I remember wearing water skis and Melinda pulling us around North Hills behind her Jeep. Alot of the girls stayed at Sassy's and several guys stayed at Weston's. I also remember standing in the back of a truck(maybe Stephen Brooks) and it sliding over a curb into someone's front yard and hitting my head on a roll-bar(I think that's what you call it). We just don't get snows like that here anymore!

Ashley Atkins Pirkle said...

Hello Jeannie!! So glad you are doing great! I am not surprised you were a cheeleading coach. You could always fly through the air with the best of them!!

Jeannie Teuber said...

Hi Jeannie

Good to hear from you. I didn't know you were in Tupelo. I teach school also. I have been working on my national boards this year and was in a mentoring group in Tupelo with some other special ed. teachers from your high school. Donna I. finished the program as I did. Kim N. started but quit and I am not sure if Bert M. ever finished or not. It was very hard and if I didn't pass I am not trying again. I see your dad walking at the park some. Glad to hear all is good with you.

jt