Thursday, April 12, 2007

The STYLISH 80's


!


I was thinking about all of our fashion statements that we made back in the 80's! Some of them were pretty cool, but, some of them were just outright UGLY! I remember that all of us girls at one point and time loved the Go-Go's, and wanted to be one wearing our off the shoulder tops and mini dresses and wrap belts...Madonna; YEAH, she was a fashion idol to us! The rubber bangle bracelets and the little lace gloves! The NEON colors; OH GOODNESS! Now, I think that I would have done that one over again if I could have...Leg warmers!!!! ha ha ha! I had such short legs anyways, I don't know why insisted on wrapping half of them up in a sweater! Jelly shoes, RELAX t-shirts, swatch watches, and girls, let's not forget the homemade ribbon barrettes from our childhood!!!! Izod, Panama Jack, Camp Beverly Hills, Guess, Gasoline, and for all of you boys, the skinny ties and Miami Vice look
definitely pop in my head! Add some more, bce I know that I'm forgetting so many things!

6 comments:

Kim ( Ivy) Bradley said...

Last year during the Famous Homecoming week at CHS, Morgan and a group of friends went as the Go-Go's...We made leggings and the sweatshirts without a neck to hang around the shoulders. On the back we had a big set of lips for the song "Our lips are sealed"...Just how old do you think I felt helping her get ready that day!!!!!

Kim ( Ivy) Bradley said...

Does anyone remember the friendship pins we would make and put on our shoelaces? I think we used safety pins and beads.

Angel Wilburn said...

Yes, girl...And of course you wanted to have the very most friendship pins bce that meant that you had the most friends :) How funny!!!!! I had to go buy Lottie some CONVERSE shoes back a month or so ago...She couldn't believe that those were popular when I was in school...I guess it all comes back around eventually!

kelly glenn said...

Angel, i bought Tori some Sperry top-siders the other day. They were $75 bucks! i almost choked! she didn't believe me that we all had those back in the day! i had a blue pair that would turn my feet blue, i told her, like a smurf. She said what the heck's a smurf!

Angel Wilburn said...

Kelly, Lottie's only in the 4th grade, so, I can still trick her right now...She wanted a pair of Clarks($110), but, instead she got Hush Puppies($45) :) I dread the day when she figures it all out!!!!! Oh, I've gotten Lottie hooked on the Smurfs...She calls them "Momma's old cartoons"...ha ha ha!

Stacey Carson said...

My kids love to watch Boomerang where it's all the classic cartoons. They get a kick out of me knowing the songs and telling them what will happen next. Our favorites are the Smurfs, Jetsons, and the Flintstones!