Friday, April 6, 2007

Update on Blair

Thanks for inviting me Jake but I have to say you must have way too much time on your hands to be "blogging" this much! But seriously, you have accumulated quite a following and it will be fun to catch up on some many people.

Back to the subject at hand....I am Blair Hederman (formerly known as Blair Biggers) and unfortuantely had to leave you fun people after the 4th grade. Though as we all know, Selmer is not that far and I was able to keep up with many Corinthians. After graduation from McNairy Central I went to Ole Miss with many from CHS '89. There I met my husband Doug (MRA '89)--- who coincidentally was a fellow short term Choctaw with one Brett Butler (one year at Mississippi College was enough for both of them!!). I moved to Memphis in 1992 and went to Physical Therapy school at UT Memphis and graduated in 1994. Doug and I got married in December of '94 and moved to Little Rock, AR. I worked in Orthopaedics at St Vincent Med. Center and privately for a group of surgeons and he worked for an advertising agency doing public policy work. In February of 1999, we had our son Holt (now 8) and moved that May to Jackson, MS where Doug went to work for his family's printing company and I temporarily (yet the temporary is becoming more permanent) retired from the medical world. We also have a daughter Sara (age 5) and stay very busy with the two of them with school and extra curricular activities. Holt is in the 2nd grade at 1st Pres Day School and Sara is in preschool at Covenant (with Jake's nieces).

We make school our first priority; but outdoor activities and sports are our family's real love. Many full family outings of golf, hunting, rafting, biking, skiing, tennis etc keep us busy and in pretty good shape!! Doug coaches Holt's baseball team (which is his favorite sport) and Sara is playing T Ball for the first time and that is very entertaining--tennis is much more her thing! I am (insanely) training for a half marathon in Nashville, TN at the end of the month and will be happy to sleep late on Saturdays again SOON!!

We enjoy seeing "Corinth-folk" around Jackson, in Oxford, or when we go home and will enjoy catching up with some through the blog that aren't so close (Sarah Lyle!!) I have a friend here who is not from MS and she once said to me that "Mississippi is not a state it is a club" and that is such the truth. The world is so small and there is always a connection with Mississippians! Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and thanks again Jake!

3 comments:

Bobby Burns said...

Great to hear from you Blair. It has really been a long time since I have talked to you.

Ashley Atkins Pirkle said...

Hey Blair! I am impressed you are running a half marathon. I am running my first 10k in Oxford during Double Decker festival. Looking forward to seeing if I actually make it up Faulkner's hill!!

Jake said...

Awesome! I love seeing people join the blog and post updates the minute they are both invited and actually join! Thanks, Blair! I keep up with you via my sister, Davis, but I don't talk to her that much....I'm not a very good brother, I guess! Anyway, great to see that you're doing well! Tell Doug hello for me!