Monday, March 12, 2007

Happy Birthday, Kathy!

I know this is rather late today to be announcing this, but better late than never! Today is Kathy Hale's birthday, so everyone chime in and wish her a happy 36th! I hope you had a great day!

Kathy is one of those classmates that, as far as I can remember, was in our class from the very beginning. I remember her going all the way back to pretty much the 1st grade. If there's one thing I remember about her, she was QUIET! She didn't have much to say, but she was as nice as she could be. Well, let me rephrase that...she didn't have much to say to ME...so I shouldn't say she didn't talk much in general. Just because she didn't have much to say to me didn't mean she didn't ham it up with other people, right?! But seriously...she was always really nice, really sweet, and generally quiet. I remember she was really involved in the band, too, as well as her younger sister. Seems she was good friends with Christy Lancaster, Jeffrey Droke, and a few others...but I could be wrong.

Anyway, the cool thing is that I really got to know Kathy, believe it or not, at our 10 Year reunion. I sat down at a table with her and a few others, and we talked and talked...and it made me wish we'd done that so many years before! I think she even drug me out on the dance floor for a dance or two, before Poo Poo took over and grinded me into the floor! Not sure how many of you remember that, but she did! She came out of nowhere and scared the hell out of me!

Anyway, Kathy and I stayed in touch via email after that, but we eventually lost touch. So...Kathy...you owe us an update, so let's have it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

4 comments:

kelly glenn said...

hey, kathy! happy birthday!!!!

Ashley Atkins Pirkle said...

Happy Birthday Kathy!!

Christy Lancaster Mayhall said...

Happy Birthday Kathy! I am glad that you found my email. I wondered what had happened to you.

Jeannie Teuber said...

Have a happy birthday!!