Monday, March 12, 2007

Jeannie Teuber update

Ok, I don't really have alot to tell. But I am not going to lie, I kind of got scared when I saw the picture Jake found of Vandy, so I decided I better come up with something. After I left high school I went to NEMCC and played basketball for two years. I hurt my knee there and wasn't really up for having surgery so I just quit playing. I went to UNA and finished up my degree in elementary education. I returned to Corinth and started working for the school district as a special education teacher at the middle school (our former high school). I held that job four years, went to work at the elementary school for three years, to the high school for one year, and have been back at the junior high school for the last five years. My classroom is right next door to Mrs. Hollins' room. Can you believe that? Yup, she is still there. Mrs. McAlpin, Mrs. Savell, Mrs. McCullar, Coach Pitner, Mr. Calvery, Coach Smillie, Mrs. Calvery and Mrs. Thompson were also there when I had started, but they have since retired. Sure was weird at first being peers with that group, but I got used to it, lol. Not only do I teach, but I coach as well. I coached high school softball for six years and I have coached junior high girls basketball for the last ten years. We have had some successful teams. We have won seven county championships and last year we won the 5 county championship. That was the first time ever that a girls' team from our school had won it. I actually had Felecia Eaton's daughter playing for me on that team. Boy, can that make a person feel old. With so many good junior high girls' teams, not sure why the high school girls have not been more successful, but they are just like we were when I was playing, just not that good! I have seen alot of our classmates children come through the junior high school. It is amazing to see so many of them with the same personality or mannerisms that their parents had around the same age. As for me, I have not had any children. I have not yet married as most of you have. I have dated the same guy for the last five years, but have not taken the big leap. I was always a late bloomer, lol. Well, maybe that is enough to keep Jake off my back for now and he won't have to tell the story about how I bloodied his nose. Enjoyed reading the updates from all of you that posted. If you are ever in town, look me up. I also have a myspace account if any of you have them and want to get connected. My profile can be found at http://www.myspace.com/birdfanx2 . Till next time.
Jeannie

3 comments:

Ashley Atkins Pirkle said...

Hey Jeannie! Great to read your update. You take your time on that marrying thing -- I dated my husband for 6 years! :)

do you remember when you and I were riding bikes in the neighborhood and I wrecked and slid down the street on my face? How old were we then? 6 or 7?

Jake said...

Wow...I'm impressed! Obviously because Jeannie stepped up to the plate! Thanks for posting your update!! Glad to hear you are doing well and that you're so involved in the school...as you all know, the teachers we had really made a difference, so keep up the good work!

I was going to save the bloody nose story for your birthday announcement, but since you brought it up....

Back when we were in the 3rd grade, those of us in the neighborhood would wait for the bus across from Kristye Sweat's house. I was raised to NEVER hit girls...especially my sister. The hard part was that Jeannie was a bully!!! She'd pick on me at the bus stop and because her brother, Peter, was there, too, I couldn't really do anything about it. #1...she was a girl and I couldn't hit her. #2...whatever I did, Peter would take up for his sister. But one day I'd had enough, and when she was messing with me, I pushed her down. She got up and basically back-handed me and bloodied my nose. THEN, her brother, Peter, hit me, too!! I had to ride the school bus that day with a bloody nose and fat lip, AND everyone making fun of the fact that a GIRL did that to me!

Not the most graceful story, but I can still say I've never hit a girl!!

Angel Wilburn said...

Hey Jeannie...Great to read your info and see that you are doing well...And I'm right there with Ashley; no need in rushing the marriage thing!!!!! That's wonderful that the girl's basketball team is doing so good; I know that it makes you proud..My brother teaches and coaches(girls soccer & track) @ Horn Lake High and he truly loves coaching...I remember riding the bus with you, too, but that was later on in 5th-7th or 8th grade...Mr. Calvery, and you ended up teaching with him...I bet that was a trip...He was always really nice...
Take care, girl!!!