Thursday, March 8, 2007

Porterfield Update

Hello to all,
It has been a pleasure reading all the posts. I guess I'll now give my personal update. First, Abbie and I were wandering if Jake really has a job and if so I want to work there. Just kidding, Jake, you've done a great and I know time consuming job with the site.
As for me, I have been married to Amy Kennedy whom like Bobby's wife, Christy, is one of those Kossuth gals. Amy is also a teacher @ "Cow Tech High"; isn't that what we called it? I guess I now am a converted Kossuthian since the school is an income source, we live in the district, and our two young-uns attend there.
Our children, Jackson (Jake), will be eight March 28Th and Maggie Claire is 5. Jake is all boy whom likes all sports, creepy insects, and his best friend Buddy, a girl dog. Maggie Claire, oddly, is Daddy's little girl whom likes to "primp", play dolls, ballet & dance, and will not do anything that requires a lot of physical activity (a girly, girl); both are truly an inspiration to us.
I currently work for Corinth Coca-Cola/Refreshments, Inc. as Corporate Human Resources and Loss Control Manager for 6 locations. Anyone dealing with HR knows there is never a dull moment in this area. I have been with the Company for about 9 years now, however, I have given notice to my employers that I will pursue a career with a Leggett and Platt company in Booneville, Ms starting April 2nd. The Company is South Central Plastics (injection molds, etc.) where I will be venturing into the sales and marketing world. A very hard decision for me, leaving a job secured 100 year old company, but is a very intriguing opportunity. By the way, this year marks the 100Th year anniversary for Corinth Coca-Cola. Plans are underway for a huge celebration and also the dedication of Corinth's very own Coca-Cola Museum.
Well, that's about it for me, for now. I just live the sweet, simple, still a little behind times, life here in old Corinth. Anyone ever needs me or wants to chat look me up in the phone book or shoot me a g-mail. (porterfield.chris@gmail.com)

1 comment:

Jake said...

Chris, glad to see you posting on the blog! I know, I know....it probably seems that I never work, but believe me...I do. Fact is, my wife, Hadley, has been out of town with the baby since January, so I've had a lot of time on my hands (and late, late nights) to do all of this stuff. They are back now, however, and I'm traveling more, so it will be harder to do....but I enjoy it, so I know it will be worth the time and effort. Congrats on the new job!!