Thursday, February 1, 2007

Happy Birthday, Sassy!!


Well, today is Sassy's birthday, so in keeping with tradition, I guess it's time to reminisce. Sassy, it seems like yesterday when I could walk up to your house on Pine Road and we'd jump on your trampoline or play Atari in your den. I remember when we were really young, I pretended to pour Comet into a glass of milk, drank it, and then fell on the floor like I was dead. It scared the hell out of you AND your mother, and y'all drove me home completely FRANTIC! I also remember you singing all the time and doing these TV commercials for us when we were over at your house. I also seem to recall a picture of you when you were really little, and you were wearing your dad's jockstrap as a bra....hilarious! I remember when you and Beth and Judy, in the fifth grade, put a blonde wig on you and took polaroid pictures and put one in my mailbox. You told me that one of your cousins was moving to town and that she was in love with me. I got all excited, and then took a second look at the picture, and I figured out it was you. Bummer!! I also remember your hair and make-up phase...we'd all be out at Pickwick and you'd get in the water but would NOT get your face or hair wet. Used to drive us NUTS!! And who could forget you driving down Fillmore Street (after having a "little" to drink, and basically playing bouncing off every car for about 4 or 5 blocks.

Anyway, Sassy, I know you're a long way away physically, but in spirit and thought you're right here! I hate that I've missed you the last few times you've been in the US, but I promise I'll see you on your next trip here. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

2 comments:

Stacey Carson said...

Sassy-Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. I've been to Paris and would love to come back. If's one of my favorite cities. I enjoyed reading your update.
Stacey

kelly glenn said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah Lyle! love the big black hat. I have a pix of us somewhere and i think my hair is as big as your hat. i'll have to dig that out -- you'd laugh! Cheers! kelly