Thursday, February 22, 2007

Happy Birthday Elaine!!

Well, since Elaine has yet to join the blog, she more than likely won't know that WE actually remembered her birthday, right?? Yep...today ol' Elaine turned the big 3-6. I skimmed through my huge box of pictures and what not, but I wasn't able to find much. I know I have more pictures in there somewhere, but for now these will have to do....sorry Elaine....or am I?!

For those of you that have good memories (like me..ha!), you'll recall that some of us went to Mrs. Mathis' Kindergarten. It was the year before we entered the 1st grade. Anyway, here is the newspaper clipping from our "graduation" from Mrs. Mathis' class in 1977. Elaine is on the first row, 2nd from the right.


The next year was obviously 1st grade. I had Mrs. Dixon, as did Elaine. For our Christmas play that year, our theme was to incorporate a lot of the nursery rhymes into our Christmas play. I was Santa and Elaine was Little Bo Peep:


And here is the full class photo from the Christmas play. I don't mean to take away from Elaine's big day by pointing everyone to this particular photo, but you have to admit it's pretty funny and one heck of a blast from the past. How many people can you name from this photo??


ANYWAY....Elaine, I hope you had a great birthday today, and one of these days when you join the blog, you'll hopefully get a kick out of this post!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Elaine!!! It was great seeing you the other day. I can name most everybody in our 1st grade class, but am having trouble with 3 faces. Here is my shot at naming everybody: Brett Butler, Sherif Shalaan, Alesha Hussey, Sylbia Spencer, Melinda Williams, Beth Coleman, Bill Payne, Jay McKinney, Brandon Gurley, Lori Aldridge, Sara Lyle Coleman, Christy Lambie(???), Glenn Krohn, Larone Cummings, ?, ?, John Stanford, Jeannie Cafarreta, Elaine Taylor, Judy Whitehurst, Tess Gurley, Stephanie Norris, Dereck Pimento (?), Phil (?), Jake Laughlin.

Ashley Atkins Pirkle said...

Happy Birthday Elaine!! I have alot of memories to talk about, but I'll keep those secret!!! :)

Stephanie Knight said...

Happy Birthday Elaine! Maybe that's why I was thinking of birthday parties yesterday? I couldn't even begin to count the times all of us were at your house for your birthday. Your poor parents! I should probably include your brother in that too. I'm sure having a dozen or so pre-teen girls dissolve into giggles when he walked into the room was at the very least embarrassing. :)

Alesha said...

Sorry I missed saying "happy birthday" to you yesterday. I remember many great slumber parties and your "clubhouse" in the back yard. Hope you had a great day.