Saturday, February 24, 2007

Kindergarten Mrs Crow's room


I was actually looking for my pictures of the 4th grade Christmas play when I ran across this pic...along with some others that I'll post later. Flashback...1977, kindergarten at the Methodist Church. Remember those heavy metal doors? Well, my most vivid memory of that time has to do with Georgiana Hand and those doors....she was so little and didn't have the strength to open the door by herself, and I remember her just standing there waiting until someone who could open the door would come along and let her in.



5 comments:

Jake said...

This has to be the year before we entered the 1st grade, right? I say that because both Sammy Morris and George Mercier were in Mrs. Andrews' room with us the year before. I guess the year this picture was taken was the year some of the rest of us were in Mrs. Mathis' kindergarten class. Yep...1977...so that's the deal. I remember Mrs. Crow's classroom was next to Mrs. Andrews' classroom. And I remember I thought Mrs. Crow was pretty. DAMN! She wasn't just pretty...she was HOT!!

Jake said...

Oh, and Larry Doran was in there with us, too. Who is the girl on the bottom left? I can't remember!

Unknown said...

Mrs. Crowe's room evokes memories of Stretch Armstrong in the styrofoam box, rhythm sticks, Adventure People, and the day Mrs. Crowe spread out a blanket, sat an old fashioned popcorn popper in the middle, and let it pop out everywhere with no lid on top. I remember thinking to myself how crazy and wild that was! The element of danger always adds to the excitement...

Jake said...

Who is that next to Melinda? I thought it was Chris Melvin at first, but Bobby corrected me...but we don't know who it is!!

Angel Wilburn said...

Hey Jake...That is a girl next to Melinda...Her name is Dawn Phillips...I went to Kossuth 1st-4th and she went to school there...