Sunday, February 18, 2007

Funny memory...

I'm emailing this post to the blog from my Blackberry, so I hope it makes it....

Do any of y'all remember Roger Floyd and Richard Clausell when we were in grade school? They used to "drive trucks" in the halls and on the playground! Literally, I don't remember ever having a normal conversation with either of them. They only communicated via their imaginary cb radios. And wherever they went, they literally drove their imaginary trucks. They made the engine noises, and they pretended to actually steer themselves with an imaginary steering wheel. They even made the beeping noises when they needed to back-up in reverse! Hilarious when I think back on it now.

Does anyone else remember that???
Sent via BlackBerry from Cingular Wireless

3 comments:

kelly glenn said...

You have GOT to be kidding me! I was going to ask that as my "Stump Jake" question like Judy suggested. I surrender!

Stephanie Knight said...

Richard and I were in Miss Taylor's class in the 4th grade and so I had the "in". We played "Dukes of Hazzard" on the playground. I, of course, was Daisy (sans the short shorts). We'd meet at a tree on the side of the playground by the cafeteria. That was when I wasn't playing in one of those monster frisbee games we had at East Corinth. In my defense, I did refuse to communicate by imaginary CB when I wasn't on the playground.

Bobby Burns said...

I still see them around town. I think Richard works at the family jewelry store and farms with his older Brother and Roger is an electrician for Greer Electric. I remember Richard would always have in his lunch box a 1/4 stick of butter and he would eat it like a piece of candy!!! They sure planted a bunch of something in our playgound during their stay at Corinth....