Sunday, February 25, 2007

Happy Birthday, Kim!

Kim, today is your day, too! I hope you had a great day turning the big 3-6!! I bet you had no idea I'd still have this picture. I think it was from 5th grade, but I could be wrong. Can you remember? Anyway, in keeping with tradition, you know I have to tell a story or two about you...

One of the main things I remember about Kim is that she was a great basketball player and her face would turn R-E-D when she was out on the court. Regardless, you were one heck of a ball player. I also remember that Terry Harmon had the BIGGEST crush on you. I mean, he was probably more obsessed with you than I was with Beth. A bunch of us always hung out at the YMCA after school, and Terry would always reference you whenever he did anything! He'd shoot a 3-pointer, and say, "Uh, oh...Kimberly Ivy!!!" I mean the guy talked about you nonstop...and I don't think you ever gave him the time of day, either. Must have been some kind of conspiracy that you and Beth had against us.

I also remember that you didn't take CRAP off anyone! As much as some of us (me obviously included) harrassed the girls, we knew not to even think about messing with you. You were the one girl that would punch the hell out of one us, so as far as I can recall, we always maintained our composure around you. Am I wrong??

I hope you had a great day...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Kim!!!

Bobby Burns said...

Happy Birthday Kim... I can remember going to one of your B-Day parties at your house on Sarah Lane. It was so cool, seems like you had moved all the furniture out of the living room and it was like a huge dance floor. Me and you slow-danced to a couple of songs and Terry Harmon would not talk to me for like a week after that. Go figure, and ya'll were not even a couple....

Ashley Atkins Pirkle said...

Happy Birthday Kim! I hope you had a wonderful one! We are all making it to 36, who knew???

Christy Lancaster Mayhall said...

Happy Birthday Kim! We will have to celebrate your birthday while we are in New Orleans with the girls cheer team next week. Sounds Fun!!!! Can't wait!

Kim ( Ivy) Bradley said...

Thanks Jake...I have tried for many years to forget school day pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kelly glenn said...

christy and kim - i'm in on the night out in New Orleans!