Sunday, February 4, 2007

I'm gonna burn in hell for this.....

....but I just had to do it. I just got back from having dinner with my parents, and they unloaded two more boxes of my old stuff for me to bring home with me. I just got home and have spent the last couple of hours going through one of the boxes. And I ran across some of the funniest things....things I'd forgotten I'd kept. I promised myself I'd limit myself to one post per day or every couple of days. But my wife and daughter are out of town, and I don't have anything better to do, so I've been consumed with going through all of these things. And I ran across one just now, and I just had to post it.

The year is 1985 or 1986...not sure which one, but it was when we were in the 9th grade. We were sitting in Coach Wood's biology class, and Kelly Glenn pulls some pictures out of her purse. I guess she'd had some modeling shots taken or something, and she made the mistake of pulling them out of her purse to sort through in class. Of course, we (Brett, Weston, Chad Potts, John Bell, and a few others) really wanted to see them, but she wouldn't show them to us and put them back in her purse. I won't take full credit for this slick move, simply because I don't remember who exactly reached into her purse. Either way, SOMEONE did, and he grabbed the pack of pictures without her knowing. They got passed around the room, and finally into my possession. Kelly finally realized what was going on, and came over to me and snatched them out of my hands. But she was too late...I had found my favorite and stuck it in my book for safe keeping.

To be honest with you, I've often thought about this picture and this entire ordeal as one of the most covert operations we pulled off in our entire CHS student careers. But I honestly thought I'd lost this picture or perhaps even that Kelly somehow got it back and disposed of it. But not 10 minutes ago, as I was going through a stack of old pictures in the box....this one finally rose from the dead. And Kelly....I know I'm going to burn in hell for this, but I just had to post it. You might not want to dance with me at the Charity Ball in a few weeks now. But I promise I'll make it up to you....



I can already feel my skin starting to get a little crisp.....

4 comments:

Ashley Atkins Pirkle said...

Kelly, I will give you free room and board and help you go beat Jake up for this one sweetie!!

Love the lace socks, though!

Kim ( Ivy) Bradley said...

Kelly, I bet Tori would love to see you all dolled up like this!!!

kelly glenn said...

Oh, to be that skinny again! Bobby warned me about this in Sunday School! And I worry that Britney Spears will be a bad influence on my 13 yr old! Kim, I did show this to Tori and she couldn't get over the hair -- Ashley, I don't even think she noticed the socks! Jake, if you make it to Charity Ball, and I hope you do, I'll only dance w/you to a Madonna song! :)kelly

Angel Wilburn said...

Kelly, how are you doing? I still think about all of ya'll!!! I'm sure you are still skinny; I couldn't imagine you any other way! I would love to see everyone, and hope that we can all get together over the summer in Corinth! Take care!!!!