Thursday, February 22, 2007

Birthday Party

Does anyone else remember? (I think Tess Gurley's birthday party) and we were driven to the movies in the back of a van. (It could have been Elaine Taylor's b-day, but I want to say it was Tess's.) Anyway it was all girls and we were in the back of this van going to the movies when "Shadows of the Night" by Pat Benatar came on the radio. We all started singing at the top of our lungs. All the words. And the chorus was ear-shattering. I still can't hear that song without thinking of that.

1 comment:

kelly glenn said...

Hey, Steph - I remember the movie. It was Footloose. My parents wouldn't let me see it. Can you believe that?! They wouldn't let me see purple rain, either. I rented both of those movies in 1990 - the year i got married and called my dad and said... guess what i'm watching and you can't stop me. Saw Footloose the musical Fri at Corinth High -- oh, how '89 would have loved musicals if they were offered!