Thursday, February 1, 2007

I have "No Idea"

Yes, ol' Jake has lots of goodies from our past. Here's a little example:

Remember the high school dances after the football games? At some point, they tried to have one or two of them at the VFW. And, of course, they always had live entertainment. In this particular scenario, I don't know what year or what game it was, but the dance was at the VFW, and the band that was playing was "No Idea." Yes, Elaine, that was your brother's old band. If some of you will recall, they posted fliers all over the CHS campus to get people to go to the dance. In fact, this became a weekly event...waiting to see what horrible attempt they made at these signs. No offense, Elaine...they were young and dumb and just didn't know any better. But some of us sure did look forward to these fliers.

Here's one that I (thankfully) tucked away in my box of assorted memorabilia. Click the picture to see the full-size flier...pretty funny!!



And if you don't recognize them, it's Russell Taylor, Steve Dobbins, Brian Graham, and Stan Burcham. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's Brian Graham...Vicky Graham's brother...but I could be wrong on his name....

1 comment:

Angel Wilburn said...

That's funny that you posted that, bce I'd just sent Elaine a message earlier telling her that at one point and time Steve was here in Olive Branch...Brian was in the band, bce I have a couple of yearbooks where he's ranting about it...They had another band at one point and time, too...I think it was DEBRIS :o Chris Brown was a part of all of it, too....Man, he was taken from us way too early...