Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Happy Birthday, Jimmy!

Yes, that's right. Jimmy turned 36 today, unless I'm off on my birthday calendar. Jimmy, I'm not exactly sure what you did today/tonight for your birthday, but my guess is it had something to do with work. Dude, you've been "working" since the day I met you. Didn't matter who, what, where or when, you always had some kind of business or "operation" going. So whatever it was that you chose to do on your special day today, I hope you had fun.

Man, I remember hanging out at George Mercier's house with George and Weston, and we'd always pay you a visit to see what new and exciting toy or gadget you had. I remember you having a pool and a trampoline in your back yard. Seems like there was also a circus tent with elephants, tigers, etc. Just kidding....but seriously....the one thing I remember about you is that we never knew what new cool "thing" you were going to have. I seem to remember George bugging the hell out of you, but that doesn't surprise me. We'd be over at his house, playing commando or something down in his gigantic basement, and then to take a break we'd go over to your house. You never knew what George was gonna do once we got over there. But you seemed to survive it all.

I also remember your dad being pretty involved in Boy Scouts...I can't remember if you were or not...or what troop that was. And I remember you basically running the entire show for our Follies. You had the headset and stuff on, which was almost unheard of back then. But I'm sure without you, Follies would have imploded for sure.

Hope you had a great birthday. If you are the Mayor of Corinth, what exactly do you do on your birthday? Please do tell....

2 comments:

Ashley Atkins Pirkle said...

Happy Birthday, Jimmy!!

kelly glenn said...

Happy B'day, Jimmy!! Mayor...now there's an idea - Go for it!