Friday, February 23, 2007

5th Grade Music Class






I was reading over some of the posts on here today and saw something that Stephanie Knight had posted about Mrs. Allen and music class...It made me have a flashback...I always liked music class, but, I did realize over years that I could not sing...But, that does not mean that the desire was not always in my heart....Anyway, I remember when we got to bring our favorite song a couple of times a year, and we could get up there and actually lip-synch to the song....Well, I remember in the 5th grade taking my most favorite song at the time and getting up there and putting my all into it....It was "PHYSICAL", by Olivia Newton John...NOW, jump ahead 25 years later and I think to myself, "WHAT THE #$%! was I doing"....That was no song that a 10 year old kid should have been up there putting her all into....But, I guess back then you really didn't think about what was being said...It was just a catchy little tune...It's almost as bad I suppose as a couple of years later when I knew every word to the PURPLE RAIN soundtrack and sang the WHOLE thing at least once a day :) OH, to be young and naive again!!!!!

4 comments:

Ashley Atkins Pirkle said...

Don't feel bad Angel. I don't think any of us knew what "let's get physical" meant! It was one of my favorites too! We all thought we were so bad then, didn't we??

Jake said...

I don't know about you singing that song, but I remember the video to it...and I thought Olivia Newton John was so hot!!!! I remember the cheesy outfits with the headbands and torn sweatshirts. Man, those were the days!!!

Bobby Burns said...

Angel lets get one thing straight there is no shame in knowing the whole soundtrack to Purple Rain. Not only did you have Prince rocking DA HOUSE!!! But who can forget Morris Day and The Time!!!!(OHBEE! OHBEE! OH!)

Angel Wilburn said...

Ashley, girl, we just thought it was a workout song!!!! We did think that we were the coolest, huh? :) Yeah, Jake...I sang it....I'll NEVER forget it!!!! YOU GO BOBBY!!!! (I STILL have my Purple Rain ALBUM...he he he)