Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Talking 'bout videos

If you want to get on the subject of videos or songs that spark memories, these two take me way back the minute I hear them. Take this one, for example:


When I see or hear this, it reminds me of walking around town with Weston and his boombox. We'd walk around and he'd have his boombox on one shoulder and he'd be carrying some cardboard in the other hand...or I'd be carrying it. "Rock It" would be playing on the box, and we'd stop whenever Weston got the urge, and he'd lay the cardboard down and breakdance. I can't imagine what people driving by (usually on Shiloh Road near the bridge) were thinking. Two idiots with bandanas tied around their legs with Members Only jackets and sunglasses on, trying to breakdance on the street corner. Absolutely hilarious when I think back on it....

And this little beauty:


Hearing this song takes me back to the 7th grade. Man, I can remember playing this in my room and loving it! This was another one I remember listening to while working on my science project...

And last but not least, this one is a classic:


This one is literally burned into my brain. Why, you might ask? Probably because Brett used to love to sing this song, only he changed the lyrics to "Owner of a Smelly Fart." Ok, ok...yes...that's crass....but it was the 7th grade and we're talking about Brett. Give me a break.....

2 comments:

Bobby Burns said...

Jake I know you probably know this so see if anybody else does. Do you know who is singing back ground on the Rockwell song?????
Please post your answers.....

Jake said...

Michael Jackson, of course!!!